- You really do get to dance with everyone, possibly multiple
times. You're generally in the same place at the same time all weekend.
- Choices can be limited at any given time, and if a given session doesn't
appeal it may be possible to go play tourist in the local town without feeling like you're missing out.
- If the weekend is primarily made of people local to the area, you can get
a real feel for the community, or dance with people in your community that you normally wouldn't because one of you is booked or you're usually in a different line or what-have-you.
- There's a somewhat more intimate feel because you end up spending all your
waking time with, by and large, the same overall group of people.
- There can be a lack of choice in programming -- smaller weekends' venues
are only so big. This can be good in that while passing the time before something you know you will love, you can discover something cool by proximity.